Submitted by Steve Wolff
Plate XXXVI. General
Electric Company Cluster Beacon, about 1927
Caption reads: In addition to the 24-in. beacons, it was found
advisable in certain sections to place cluster beacons
having less candlepower. They consist of four automobile head-lamps
surmounted by a top lamp as shown, and to
turn at approximately 10 r.p.m. Tests of such a beacon using 21-cp.
automobile-type lamps, show that it is visible at
a distance of 40 miles in good weather.
Photos home page.