Grants Radio Station,
New Mexico, about 1950's.
|Grants FSS was operational
from 1953 to 1973 and it replaced the CAA's Acomita FSS airfield site,
which was active from 1931 to 1953 only, due to its remote location, far
from pavement. A generation later, both Zuni and Grants sites were
shut down and consolidated by the FAA at the Gallup airport in 1973.
Return to Facility
Photos home page.