Submitted by Steve Owen

Grants Radio Station, New Mexico. 
This was your typical early 1950's Flight Services Station also.  Grants FSS was operational from 1953 to 1973 and it replaced the CAA's Acomita FSS airfield site, which was active from 1931 to 1953 only, due to its remote location, far from pavement.  A generation later, both Zuni and Grants sites were shut down and consolidated by the FAA at Gallup airport in 1973.


Submitted by Steve Owen


Submitted by Steve Owen
 
The below 2012 photos show the above location after refurbishing of the LA-A site 62
generator shack and tower, courtesy of the wonder volunteers of "Wings Across the West."  This organization will also convert this old Flight Service building into a museum in 2013-2014 time period. Wings Across the West web site.


Submitted by Steve Owen


Submitted by Steve Owen


Submitted by Steve Owen


Submitted by Steve Owen


Submitted by Steve Owen

(Above) Refurbishing of the Grants, NM Fight Service Station building.

Return to Facility Photos home page.

FillerTr.gif (48 bytes)

        Please send  comments regarding this page to Webmaster